Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some movies, watched under certain circumstances, make you feel like sitting down and reflect on life.



I woke up after one p.m. today, and by the time I ate and took a shower and finished farming on facebook (whatever), it was already three p.m. So, remembering that I downloaded The Painted Veil (which I read before I watched it almost five years ago), I decided to watch it. I remember the book was somewhat different from the movie, not romantic at all, but it was a good read nonetheless. The movie had much more romance, and with the soundtrack and the brilliant acting, by the time it ended I was crying. And it's the type of movie which makes you hate the ending because you fell in love with the characters, and it had to end tragically.

So yeah, it made me feel somewhat emotional and depressed. After watching the movie, I came out of my room. This was about five p.m. and the house was dark because nobody had bothered to turn on the lights. The sun was setting, plus it was rather cloudy outside, so there was this melancholic feel to it. To add to that, it's CNY season, and I always feel melancholic during this time of the year.

So some movies make me want to reflect on life. If I could be arsed, I would of driven to the beach and sat down by my onesies. But I'm ageing, therefore I'm getting lazier, so I'll just sit at the swing on my porch. That would suffice.

No comments: