Friday, February 6, 2009

I recently looked at my cousin's Facebook pictures taken with her friends. I think she's 14, or 15, I can't remember. Either one. Some of her friends were wearing heavy make-up, suggestively push-up bras, little little dresses, coloured contact lenses, posing with pouty lips and whatnot.
When I was 14, I thought over-sized T-shirts were uber cool. Jeans and sneakers. Heels were to be laughed at ('Aiyoh so aunty la'). Make-up was for weddings and, well, pretty much just weddings. Push-up bras? You mean I had breasts back then??
Little dresses were for barbie dolls, and coloured contact lenses were too expensive. Taking pictures meant something back then, coz you had to watch out how much film you had left. Now you can just delete those boobie shots (don't mind the pun) from your digital cam and snap a new picture. So as I was saying, when we took pictures back then, we had to pay attenshun. All smiles and stuff. Photoshop pun takde, tau?
Conclusion: When I was 14, I had crap taste in fashun, I was clueless about the existence of my own tits (at least there's some now), and I was cool, okay. Being sexy can start at 16. Make-up can start at 23. And you don't really need push-up bras, kids. Look at Kate Moss. Being titty-less is OK.
But hey, it's your generation after all. Go crazy.

6 comments:

EAT ME CUPCAKES said...

hello titty-less! ^^!!!

Unknown said...

just call me kate
:p

Anonymous said...

you were already a vain pot at 14. i got the proof.

Unknown said...

mom forced me to

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YuV said...

denial.. it isn't only a river in egypt you know?