Thursday, April 30, 2009

I did something I never done before today. I was washing my bird cage when one of the birds got stuck on the bottom grid. This has happened before, somehow the bird fell in between the grid and the tray. However, this time was different. It was stuck fast on the grid.
See, its nails, or mini-talons were long and curling, somewhat like a yogi's. I never knew this could happen with birds. When it flew to a grid to perch, its mini-talons would get stuck because they curled like hooks. So, I took the bird in my hand, used a plastic bag as a glove, hollered for my mom to bring me a nailcutter, and began cutting my bird's mini-talons.
It's just a tiny bird, and I was really afraid to crush it to death. So afraid till my hand was shaking, holding this little shivering burst of feathers in my palm.
Said bird is A-okay now. It can perch on the grid and not get stuck anymore. I feel so much closer to it after that bonding session. Sigh.

2 comments:

White Pepper said...

"I did something I never done before today." - Your first time cleaning the bird cage after having the birds for 10 years?

Unknown said...

First time cutting bird nails laaaaa