Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Mother's Day post

Yes, I bet that everyone is sick of reading about mother's day by now. I celebrated it with my loved ones at Red Box, and it was faboolous. Just missing were my sister and my dad.
Anyway, I remember years ago whilst we were still active in church, I think it was a mother's day do where we youth had to bring our mums to a youth meet after church. One of the activities was we had to tell our mums what we would say to her if we only had 5 minutes left to live. Pretty morbid for a mother's day celebration event, but it was church after all where a huge effigy of a man impaled on a cross hanged in front for all to see.
My sister spoke to my mom first, so whilst I was waiting, I could see that everyone talking to their mums started to cry. My crush was crying. I can't remember, but I think my sister cried too. A lot of people cried. I felt a little freaked out, naturally.
So after my sister was done, I went to sit with my mom, and I think her eyes were red. I was determined not to cry, so when my mom asked me what I would say to her, I just said, "Ok, good-bye, and take care."
My mom asked me if there was anything else I would like to add, and I said I didn't know what else to say. It was hard holding back tears, church does that to people sometimes. I don't think I cried that day, but obviously if I only had 5 minutes left to live, I would sure as hell say a lot more than "Ok, good-bye, and take care," and cry bucketloads of tears.
So yeah, I'm a pretty macho person, I wouldn't even let one of my best friends hug me when my grandma died because I was afraid I might cry in front of her.
Back to the mother's day topic.
My mom never said she loved me, not as far as I can remember. She's not really the touchy-huggy type either, but she doesn't need to say she loves me or my sister. She does it through her actions and selflessness. Life can be a total nails-on-blackboard-sound at times living with her, but she's mom. Life would be a blackhole without.

6 comments:

white pepper said...

she doesnt say that she love you cos she doesnt. duh. what event in church is this? i dont remember. spotty the grey seal says hi

EAT ME CUPCAKES said...

Hoi!! :(

Unknown said...

Cis-ism (according to Yuvin). Got la, it was many many dog years ago.
Mandy: I can't log on MSN :(

EAT ME CUPCAKES said...

try again! shut down the comp and turn it back on. idc. :P

xoxo

YuV said...

i think teh ideal thing to say is - don't bother me, I'm going off now also wanna disturb me?'

Moe Nasrul said...

lol funny how you guys are talking about the computer.