Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I can write Chinese too!

我很认真地无聊

我敢打赌,你谷歌翻译它

如果你没有,你真行

谷歌翻译,无论如何吸

I hate how so many things are written in Chinese in Malaysia. We're living in Malaysia, not China! I have National School Syndrome. I detest Chinese schools. I hate how so many salespersons speak to me in Mandarin. I hate how so many waiters speak to me in Mandarin. I hate how during my department's paintball competition, my entire team was speaking in Mandarin and I was left staring at them blankly. They could have been saying, "We'll send this stupid banana in first, and let them shoot at her. Then we can discover the enemy positions. We're such smart engineers!" I hate how I reply to salespersons and waiters in Hokkien or English and they still insist on speaking Mandarin to me. I hate having to glare at them and say, "I don't understand Mandarin," or "Wo pu tong hwa ywee."

This has been a very hateful post, so I'll say what I do love. I love my translators, who sometimes-not-so-patiently translate what is being said. One day your services will be repaid when we encounter French people. I can demonstrate my pitiful prowess in the French language then. Je voudrais une biere, s'il vous plait!

No comments: