Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blast from the past

This was taken from my old blog. Looking back, I was a bit of an angry and jaded person.

Three years from now.

Friday, August 18th, 2006

Let me predict my future. Three years from now. It’d be the year of the Ox again. I’ll be 24, graduated, old, penniless and probably single (being optimistic) .. If things go as planned, I’ll be in Kay-el, trying to make a living through writing. Preferably creative writing, but a writer’s gotta whore herself sometimes. By jove, I might even end up working for some beauty magazine. Or even become a teacher, god forbid. But let’s stick to idealistic dreams, shall we. A freelance writer. Maybe have a little weekly column. Too ambitious. A bi-weekly column. Publish a short story or two in some obscure short story compilation. Write a script and get it produced.
I don’t know what else. Would I still be able to hang out with the same friends? Highly impossible, isn’t it. This blog, by then, would probably have been abandoned some time back. Friendster would be defunct, just like ICQ. This laptop that I’m typing on would surely have become shit-fodder.
Would I look back and think, man, my 21st was crazy. What the hell was I thinking? Would I remember all those people I loved and lost, would I remember them with the same fervour as I do now? Would I fester and rot in those memories or would they have, as is natural with me, gone with the next train? I’m so full of contradictions, it pains me. It really does.
Three years isn’t very long, but boy is it unimaginable, to an extent. People would have come and gone and come again and gone back to wherever people go. But I’ll still be around. Look me up, you’ll find me. If you still know who I am, that is. You go, ‘Yeah, that crazy girl who laughs too loud and wears flip flops and has incorrigible habits. What’s her name again? What is her goddamned name again?’

From http://crazyfrog.blog.friendster.com/

Well I'm not in Kay-el, I haven't been writing, Friendster is indeed defunct and so is the blog, and that laptop is long gone. I'm still hanging out with the same people minus a few, and I remember the people I loved and lost sans passion.
I still laugh too loud and wear flip flops though. Some things never change I guess.
Boy was it a crazy 21.

6 comments:

Julia's White Pepper said...

not chet august 18th lah.

eMilyism said...

august 18 this year juju kena beli two presents :P

Julia's White Pepper said...

when i was 21, dinosaurs still existed.

Unknown said...

Emily: Yuppp :)
'White pepper": What you mean dinosaurs. At that time, the earth hasn't even cooled down enough for life to form yet :D I so witty right

Julia's White Pepper said...

whatever.

Johanna said...

"white pepper"
you must be very very old then...