Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Power outage Julia outrage

In the span of just one month, my house has been hit by power outages three times. It used to be once a year, but three times within a month is just too much. It made me feel as though I were truly living in a third world country where I had to carry water from a well and light candles at night as a source of light (well... it is still true for certain parts of the country methinks, e.g. Sabah and Sarawak, poor natives). I swear, one more power outage anytime soon would see me calling up the Tanzanian embassy asking them if it would be possible for me to migrate there. I'd just need a flint, a gun and an endless supply of bullets (for lions and hyenas and whatever else that wants to eat me alive), and toilet paper. Hard to imagine life without toilet paper. Since the electric supply is so erratic, what the heck, Tanzania sounds plausible. You don't need electricity in the savannah. When I get bored of running for my life, I'll just head to nearby Zanzibar. Perfect. Screw you, TNB.

After years of living in the savannah, I predict I would have devolved to this.

No comments: